The 10 Commandments of Personal Style
1. Embrace your individual style. Personal style is not about looking like everyone else. It’s exuding the best version of yourself. Once you’ve embraced your individual style, you’ll notice that most of your purchases become interchangeable with the rest of your wardrobe.
2. Wear proper, well-fitting undergarments.
3. Dress for your body type. No matter what your size or shape, everything is not for everyBODY.
4. Dress for your age. For example: Early 20’s – Band-aid mini; Mid 30’s – pencil skirt.
5. Wear your clothes with confidence. Confidence is sexy!
6. Dress appropriately for the season, occasion and environment.
Pumps for the office, stilettos for a night out.
7. Don’t be a slave to brands and/or trends.
8. Step outside the box. Create your own trends and see #5.
9. Be comfortable. If you have to constantly check it or adjust it, don’t wear it! This will make #5 impossible to pull off.
10. Leave something to the imagination. There’s nothing wrong with showing off a little cleavage or leg, just know how much is too much and don’t do both at the same time.
For assistance, contact me at PSinExcess@gmail.com.